My storyboard inspiration and style embrace strong influence from the comics and pop art, most notably the classic super heroes works by Jack Kirby plus a number of unique European comics drawn by Peyo (Smurph or Schtroumpf in French, Johan and Peewit or Johan et Pirlouit in French), by Hergé (Tintin), by Morris (Lucky Luke), and most definitely by Albert Uderzo (Astérix and Tanguy et Laverdure), all of which helped shape my drawing style since childhood. During these early days, I was soaking up all these wonderful and beautiful art styles while at the same time studying and training in the classic techniques in drawing, shading, perspective, color, and composition.
With a combination of classical art training, a huge amount of hard work and extreme discipline, plus self-taught techniques and self-refined processes, I’ve developed my storyboarding style to help clients tell their stories using a wide range of human expressions, dynamic action, and bold and impactful use of colors, drawn in a tight and detailed composition for each frame.
I work on-site or remotely across the world using the latest communication technologies. Either way, a client always receives the best storyboards that I can produce, with professionalism and efficiency.
My storyboard capabilities add a lot to your film project:
- Quality: I take great pride and give detailed attention to each board I produce.
- Professionalism: My boards help you shoot better. I always strive to understand your intent/goal before starting. Storyboarding is not just for creativity’s sake. It must also help the project meet established business goals as well.
- Delivery: I deliver on time. Period.
- Responsiveness: I keep you informed and in the loop at all times. I’m on California time, but my process allows me to support your project in any time zone. Regardless, your urgency is my urgency.
- Price: I will work with any budget, and you will always get great work from me.